Sunday, August 30, 2009

Teachers That Changed My Life – Part II

माता-पिता गुरु देवं !! In the country I live and as a HINDU, I really heed to those words. I respect my Parents and my Teachers more than the God. But I think not all teachers understand this. They do tell us this in the class room teaching but ARE they themselves aware of its meaning? In my case, most were leaving apart one special teacher, whom I can never forget in my life, NEVER! I was in a small Junior School from KG to Class 8th after that we were then directly admitted to the other Parent school and it was much better than the former.  She was the Hindi Teacher from 6th to 8th standard. Just those 3 years, I was to remain in contact with her but it was like a holy hell. The only face that haunted me in my dream was of her (though I laugh at it now). I don’t remember where did this all started but the only thing I know is she was not treating me as a students there. I remember one day (when I was in 7th ) she called me and said that I abused her in our Parent School at a drawing competition which she got to know by some student who was the pass out from Our school. I still don’t know when did I abuse and for bloody hell what reason. Neither I know who was that idiot student who heard me saying it when I didn’t talk to anyone that day as I am a real bad artist and I was struggling the whole time to draw something which even at the end of the day I could not. BUT this started a big controversy and the process of finding the faults/weakness in me. Every teacher was given strict instructions to tell my problems and report all my mischief that I did, so that she could make sufficient grounds. In this some of her beloved students were also pulled as the other teachers reported everyone rather than pin-pointing only me. My parents were called first time in my life and when I say that I should tell you what kind a student I was.

From the beginning till the end, I stood academically in the top 5 of that school. I was The Best Athlete specially The BEST JUDO PLAYER of that school. When I say that I am not being pompous but I am proud that I was, which my coach always used to say many times even to the Principal but that teacher never appreciated. I won almost 5 medals and numerous certificates for the school at various Championships with the last one being awarded at the National Level where I won Bronze. I started learning it when I was just 5 years old and I guess the youngest in the whole team. I loved going to school as my parents hardly remember any moment when I cried for going and for sure I was the first person to enter the premises as the School was not that big and I got two straight full attendance achievement awards as well. I was a Good Scout, leader of my Group and a good sportsman in whatever game we played in school.

But when the teachers are behind you, one cannot get away easily. She was well prepared to almost end my carrier and I don’t know why the Principal too was also interested in it. IS that so easy to forget whatever I did for the school whose name was unknown at those fields before some of us started winning? I remember that my parents were working so they could not take me to those locations. Sometimes I used to go with the Grandmother of my friend (this Boy Saurabh was along with me and we used to be the front runners in Judo) or the other time a peon used to accompany us after continuous request to the Principal so that we can participate. Even after getting out of the expulsion, everyday there was some problem with her. There was a time when I used to hate school as I had no energy to face her. Sometimes I made situations worse myself as I could not control my anger. I think she was the only one who debarred me to get any post in the school recalling the incident that I never did. I stood clapping for a guy of my School’s Workshop- House who was a failure and a loser in everything but got The Captaincy just out of her generosity. By these 2-3 years, I became close friend to someone (who is my bestest friend till date). And I would say we used to kick the ass of the guys who tried to make fun or take extra advantage of that situation.  We used to remain silent but were aggressive when hurt. A teacher like her should never be given respect but I still did respect her as she was teaching us something. After moving out of the Higher School I got news that the same teacher got an Award for her remarkable work and excellence in HINDI SAHITYA and TEACHING, I really feel that the Jury should think about that again. I don’t know how many carriers she has spoiled by now but the thing that remains is that she changed me and at least taught me to survive in the most hostile atmosphere. Every Student has a bad experience in school because he committed a mistake but I had bad years without any reason. Today, I really wish if I could go back to her and ask what made her to do all that. I want to tell her that I stand either at shoulders or much better than those guys who were along with me as she told me numerous of times in front of the school that I will never succeed in my life.



---
Mukul Gupta

0 comments:

How do you find the Post ?