Monday, August 31, 2009

Teachers That Changed My Life

Teachers do play an important role in building up the intellectual thoughts and personality of the person. I was fortunate being blessed with 3 teachers whom I can never forget; they gave me a different heading to soar in the sky.

First being Mrs. Nidhi mam. She taught Science (Chemistry and Physics) at the Junior School till 8th. I don’t know when, but I started to admire her. I think she was the strictest teacher in that school and a perfectionist. We all use to fear to step into her class with the incomplete assignments. Her punishments were always innovative and tougher each time. But I was fortunate she never had any complaint or any problem with me. I don’t know if I was her best student as she never excused anyone for some mistake apart from me though I always tried to make her happy with my efforts. She was the one who actually guided me to choose Science for my further studies. She filled me with the energy that inclined me more towards Science. I remember once in 8th standard I scored 99 marks out of hundred and the mark I lost was in Bio which was not her subject. That day I felt that I can indeed pursue Science at higher school. She always said that she is looking a future bright Engineer in me whenever she met my mom at the parent – teacher meetings at school. Whatever happens good or bad I used to tell her and ask for the advice. At the Teacher’s day, being the senior most class we facilitate all teachers and I wanted to offer greetings that day which my class teacher opposed but still at the end I somehow managed to end up doing that though behind the stage. It was surprising for me as she was actually waiting for me to be the one to offer her greetings. On the result day, when I got my repot card, she was the first one to whom I rushed to show my marks and I found her waiting in her class as well for me. I remember that I first time hugged her and she was in tears. That was the last time we met and soon after few years she left for London, since then I have never met her or talked to her.


Second being Manish Sir, my Math’s Teacher. I joined him in 11th standard for board as well as the IIT Entrances Examinations. Before coming to him I always had fear about Maths, I used to really struggle solving questions though I worked very hard. He is indeed a genius and a gem of a teacher. I remember I used to miss his coaching as I was preoccupied with the IIT entrance classes for which I used to return at night. For 2 years I had the same routine and for just 2 days I could afford to sit in his classes. In this short time also he used to devote his full concentration and his energy while giving me extra time and labour so that I can make up with the others. I think if I scored exceptionally well in my 12th, was just because of his real hard work towards me. Even after schools I used to ask all extra problems for the IIT. While studying under him my point of view for Math was changed. Even today, I try and solve every problem mathematically rather than theoretically. I really feel if I stand today somewhere is just because of his valuable guidance. I still meet him and solve my difficulties whenever I feel like. He came as a guardian angel to me and I really have no words in his praise.


Capt Alan Ledesma, is like a Flying God for me. He is the person who actually taught me the real flying. His guidance proved to be so beneficial for me till date that if he was not there than I guess I would have landed up in a big trouble by now. I got my solo and I thought that I have learned all the tricks of this trade but while flying under his supervision, I really tasted the fun of flying. He almost made me to correct even my sitting posture to my hand and eyes coordination with movements. I have never realized that this actually mater so much. I think he was the Best Instructor I have met in my flying carrier till date. He developed a different kind of confidence in me which I could feel after a long time. I thought I knew everything but he made me realize that it was actually my hallucination and this would have landed me in a big trouble if not corrected well in time. After being with him, the strictest of instructors use to be happy with my flying and passengers whom I got to ferry couple of times appreciated as well. I wanted Capt Alan to show all my remark sheets but he went to his province for long vacations and after sometime I came back to my home being done with everything. I really feel his valuable guidance will last long and I wish I could meet him someday somewhere at least to thank him for inducing such a high standards of flying in me to make a better Pilot.



---
Mukul Gupta

0 comments:

How do you find the Post ?